How to use FedEx for P-Card Purchases
When using a P-Card for ordering materials follow these steps to take advantage of the Universities shipping contract.
P-Card orders should be placed via the Telephone whenever possible to provide the vendor with shipping instructions. When utilizing electronic commerce the shipping charges are automatically included and the customer can not make a decision regarding shipping.
When contacting the vendor:
- Have your P-Card ready before placing the call
- Always ask for the education/government sales representative
- Inform the vendor of tax exempt status
- Ensure the Package is addressed properly using the Delivery Services recommended template:
First & Last name Bldg. Code & Room #, Mail Stop Street City, State & Zip-Mail Stop Example: John Doe MSM 143, Box 454009 4505 S. Maryland Pkwy. Las Vegas, NV 89154-4009
- Provide the vendor with the universities FedEx account number and instruct the vendor the FedEx bill recipient. If the Vendor is not familiar with shipping FedEx they should contact the FedEx vendor activation desk at 1.866.883.9290 or you can direct them to the vendor routing guide HERE
- Since there is not a purchase order number for the supplier to reference, you should instruct the vendor you use the card holder name in the reference field for reconciliation purposes. Ensure that you notify the vendor that the P-Card number should not be displayed anywhere on the outside of the package.